Coffee Users Policy
Contact the Board
Meeting Info and Dates
Phone Book Updates
(requesting a venue)
Sound Room & Kitchen
There are no HOA fees. The Oak Run Homeowners Association (ORHA) does not own any of the common areas. They are all owned by DECCA, the developer. The residents pay a "Services Fee" or "Amenities Fee" to DECCA. The ORHA Board of Directors and various Officers are in charge of the use and scheduling of all common area venues.
This monthly fee covers weekly garbage and yard waste pick-up, 24-hour security, basic cable TV (22 channels), community Channel-12 TV (info station for clubs, etc.), use of all facilities, maintenance of all recreational and common areas. The average services fee is $118 with the lower numbered neighborhoods being the lowest and the upper numbered ones the highest.
There are two types of properties in Oak Run, regular homesites and 'Maintained' homesites. With a maintained homesite the services (amenities) fee includes these extra services: sprinkler system and the water used; mowing, edging, fertilizing and weed control of the lawn; trimming and mulching of the landscaping (unless you alter something). Villa homesites also include exterior painting every 5 years. With a regular homesite you're on your own to provide the above services.
The best way to know what a particular homesite's Services Fee will be is to contact the listing real estate agent or the DECCA offices (HERE). There are so many variables that go into this fee it would extremely difficult for us to list all possible fee examples. And, the basic fees increase as you elected premium services such as internet, phone, extended TV, movie channels, HD, etc, etc.
|Contact the Board of Directors|
All Oak Run homeowners are automatically members of the Oak Run Homeowners Association. If you have questions or comments regarding your Homeowners Association the 'Comment to ORHA' online form is availableHERE. You can also comment using the ORHA Feedback blogHERE or email us at email@example.com.
If you wish to write to the ORHA Board, the address is:
Oak Run Homeowners Association
P.O. Box 772681
Ocala, FL 34477-2681
The board will try to respond to all signed messages.
|Our Mission||Our primary purpose is to organize the
recreational, social and cultural activities desired
by the residents and to facilitate discussion and
communication among the Members and Management of
|Meeting Info and Dates||
The Neighborhood Rep meetings are held the first Monday of each month in the Island Club at 9AM. The ORHA Board Workshop follows the Neighborhood Rep meetings. During June, July and August the Neighborhood Rep meeting and the ORHA Board Workshop become part of the regular General meeting.
Regular General meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month in the Orchid Club Auditorium at 9AM. All decisions regarding your Association are discussed and voted on at these meetings. Many other items of interest to all Oak Run residents are also presented at the meetings. We look forward to seeing you there.
Any and all meetings where business is voted upon are open to residents.
Oak Run 2014 Annual Election for Directors and Neighborhood Representatives was one of our better years, with more than 500 residents coming out and casting their votes. Your newly elected Directors are Bob Price, Vince Connolly, Steve Stazak and Helen Routte. Bob Price was chosen by the newly elected Board of Directors to be your Vice President and myself as President for the year 2014.
Laura Smith, then Vice President who was responsible for and chaired the Election Process, suggested to the Board that she would like to have the election at the same time as our scheduled Donut Drop-In, and the Board approved. Laura formed an Election committee with Jim Waddell, a former ORHA President, as committee Chair and Phil Smith as Co-Chair along with many Neighborhood Representatives who worked assigned positions. The election process ran like a well-oiled machine. To Laura and our Election committee, “job well done!” Jim Waddell has agreed to continue as our committee chair for future elections. Again, “well done Jim and Phil!”
Dianna Love, your past President for 2013, did a remarkable job in the short time she was seated. I remember at one of our ORHA workshops she had a list of goals that she had set for herself and the Board. As I think back, I can still remember thinking to myself, “sure is going to be a busy summer.” Well, time did not allow Dianna to complete that list but here are many of those items she was able to scratch off of her list:
1. Established a New Resident’s Orientation (NRO). A 2nd Orientation is planned for May 2014 and additional information will be forth coming.
2. Helped in recruiting (2) two new Schedulers, Alice Considine and Marie Davis.
3. Wrote Policies and Procedures for Bingo.
4. Appointed Cathy Betancourt as Lost and Found Service Committee Chairperson.
5. Initiated an ORHA Record storage room with Betty Hayden as our first Service Committee Chairperson for record keeping.
6. Improved the Room Request Form to now require acknowledgement from each requestor that they have read the Policies & Procedures which include some very significant changes, one to be the prohibiting of any type of metal shoe (cleats, tap, or clogging shoes) in the Palm Grove Club.
7. Extended contract with Central Florida Directories to insure revenue for two additional years.
8. Renegotiated the following contracts for a savings to ORHA:
a. EMN, cleaning and set-up fees.
b. ORHA Liability Insurance.
c. Copy machine buy-out located in our Oak Run Library.
With Volunteers all working together, this past year was a great success!
|Steve Routte, ORHA President, 2014|
(requesting a venue)
| There are
various venues in Oak Run that can
be reserved for parties, meetings,
etc. For more info contact the Schedulers,
Alice Considine, 502-4725 or
Marie Davis, 854-3012. Room
Request Forms are in the Card
Room cabinet. You can print an
online Form to
drop off at the Card Room. Email
Forms can be sent to you, filled
in and emailed back to the
Schedulers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Every Oak Run facility Room Request that
a requester signs comes with responsibilities.
1. There is a table and chair placement schematic posted at all of our facilities, Orchid Club, Island Club and Palm Grove. It is the responsibility of the user to place tables and chairs as indicated on the schematic back in place when your activities are over.
2. Trash must be bagged and put in dumpster nearby each facility and can liner replaced for the next user.
3. Floors must be vacuumed as needed, if for some reason the vacuum cleaner has a problem call your DOD.
4. Kitchen, counter tops and equipment must be cleaned of grease. Damp mop floor as needed.
5. Coffee machine; turn off coffee machine and clean area (and don't forget ORHA coffee donation). Our coffee supplies prices have skyrocketed this year.
6. There is a trash can at the Orchid Club and Palm Grove plainly marked for Aluminum cans so please no trash.
7. Groups that have weekly functions sometimes forget to call the DOD (director on duty). This should be done at least 5 days in advance, no later than 3 days prior to your function, if the sound room or kitchen is needed. If you choose not to call you may find yourself without a DOD available. If you are not on the DOD's schedule he/she may make their own personal plans and not be available for your call. At that point the only thing to do is to start down the Director list until you find one willing to help you.
ORHA has established a Software Standard for information exchange. The program OpenOffice provides word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and other features in one free software suite. It "opens" and "saves" most other software formats, such as .doc & .xls.
To learn about OpenOffice click here http://why.openoffice.org/
to download click here http://download.openoffice.org/
Feedback' online form is availableHERE. You can also
comment using the ORHA Feedback blogHERE or email the Webmaster to make a comment,
suggestion, ask a question, or volunteer for the
Web Team at email@example.com. Webmasters page HERE.
|Phone Book Updates
A listing, by Neighborhood, of all of the residents that are in the current Oak Run Phone Book, is given to all Reps for their Neighborhood. This listing is for the Neighborhood Rep to keep for making the appropriate changes and is sequenced by address for ease of verification of the information.All Phone Book additions, corrections and deletions are handled by Dianna Love (see the Oak Run Community Directory phone book for the appropriate form). For help, contact Dianna at 369-1441 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can mail the form to her at 7084 SW 106th Place, Ocala, FL 34476 or drop it in her cubby (Eagles Point). To print a Form, click.
The boxes on the Update Form are to be used as follows:
New Listing is selected when you are not in the current phone book at THIS HOUSE NUMBER. This usually means someone who is new to Oak Run but it also applies to someone who currently lives in Oak Run, but, in a different house.
Correction is selected when you are changing the information currently in the phone book, such as a phone number.
Deletion is selected when a person has moved and therefore is no longer living at that address in the current phone book or if they wish to be removed from the phone book.
If you have a question, please call Dianna at 369-1441.
ORHA Bodily Injury Liability Insurance
Letters or emails (when email addresses were available) have been sent to at least one contact for each club/organization. The letter is posted on the Bulletin Board at the Orchid Club. A copy of the ORHA Insurance Policy declarations pages is at the copy machine in the library for anyone wanting to read it. You may make a copy of this document for your own use at normal copy costs or print it now from the links below.
To view, download, save or print the entire PDF, click on either image below.
|Coffee Users Policy||The Board of Directors has implemented a new Policy and Procedure for ORHA coffee users effective 2014. All Club or Groups are expected to pay $0.50 per person per function. Realizing that not all residents attending the function drink coffee, you may deduct 20% off of the total, this should allow for non-users. This Policy will require the Club or Group to present a check to the Director on Duty (DOD) before ORHA coffee machine and supplies will be available. If any Club, Group or Neighborhood function chooses not to partake in our new Policy, you may use our PERK coffee pots and provide your own supplies such as coffee, creamers or cream, sugar, sugar substitutes, coffee cups, stirrers, etc. You will find PERK coffee pots at the Orchid Club and the Palm Grove.|
|Sound Room & Kitchen||Clubs, groups and
organizations that need to have the Sound Room
and/or Kitchen opened, should
contact the Director-on-Duty, NOT SECURITY .. Requests must be
made at least 3 days before
the requested opening. Any request made with less
than 3 days notice may not be granted
and is at the discretion of the Director on Duty. Thank you, The ORHA