Oak Run is a Senior
Living 55+ community in which at least one resident of
each household is required to be Age 55 or older. All
residents must also be 18 years of age or older. Younger
guests may visit for no more than 30 days in any
calendar year. Owner may delegate his right of enjoyment
to the Recreation Areas to his tenant, family members or
bona fide guests (defined as a guest staying with the
owner for 24 hours or more). All guests must be
accompanied by homeowner or tenant when using the
Here are some of the
restrictions from the Declaration of Oak Run, listed for
convenient quick reference. The list is not inclusive of
the terms of any restriction. There may be additional
terms, conditions, and exceptions. Refer to your
original Declaration for the full text of each
restriction. Violations of the deed restrictions may
lead to penalty assessments and legal action. Review your closing documents for the
appropriate Declaration and Amendments for your
- All properties are held, transferred, sold, conveyed
and, occupied subject to the restrictions.
- All changes and improvements require Architectural
Review Board (ARB) written approval.
- All landscaping
plans or changes must also be approved by the
Architectural Review Board. (Sod replacement is the responsibility of
- Homes and homesites must be kept in good maintenance
and repair by each owner.
- Window and wall air conditioning units are not
permitted in or on a living unit.
- Awnings, canopies and shutters require approval by the
Architectural Review Board.
- Pools and pool enclosures are subject to approval by
the Architectural Review Board.
- Homesites are for residential use only, and by not
more than four (4) residents per unit.
- Homesites and living units may not be divided or
- No temporary or mobile structure may be used as a
living unit at any time.
- Removal of trees
more then three inches in diameter or five feet in
height requires ARB approval.
- All homesite landscaping shall be kept in live, neat,
clean, and orderly condition.
- Easements for streets, roads, walks, utilities, or
drainage may not be planted on or obstructed.
- Parking for vehicles other than passenger automobiles
is restricted (see Declaration for details).
- Parking and storage of vehicles is restricted to
driveways and specifically designated areas.
- No more than two motor vehicles may be kept at any
homesite at one time.
- Motor vehicle repair and maintenance on a homesite are
prohibited (with minor exceptions).
- Unregistered vehicles may not be kept at a homesite.
- No items of any kind may be stored outside a living
unit, including hoses, ladders, and chairs.
- Driveway must be maintained in the original form and
style, except changes approved by ARB.
- Trash and waste of
every kind must be kept in sanitary containers, out of
sight from streets (garbage may be placed adjacent to
the street for pick-up not earlier than 2 hours prior
to pick-up and removed from curbside not later than 2
hours after pick-up).
- Tanks and other containers must also be located and
installed out of sight, as approved by ARB
- Burning of every kind is
prohibited on homesites.
- Signs of every kind are prohibited on homesites, both
inside and outside a living unit.
- No more than two (2) domesticated pets may be kept on
a homesite. Other restrictions apply.
- No business or commercial activity of any kind may be
conducted on a homesite.
- Leases of living
units must be for a duration of not less than three
- Leases must contain provisions and meet other
restrictions set forth in the Declaration.
- No fence may be erected on a homesite without ARB
approval. Various restrictions apply.
- Individual homesite fencing is not permitted in Eagles
- Gardens are restricted
as to location, size, and use. See Declaration.
- Hedges may be no more than six (6) feet in height and
must adhere to County restrictions.
- Installation of a water sprinkler system must receive
the approval of the ARB.
- No antenna, electric or electronic equipment may be
attached to the exterior of a living unit.
- Size, design, location, and material of mailboxes and
other receptacles require ARB approval.
- Exterior lighting must be installed to avoid annoyance
of others and adverse effect on traffic.
- Front of homesite post lights must be maintained by
owners in working order at all times.
- One portable,
umbrella-type clothesline is permitted for weekday use
only from 10:00AM to 4:00PM in back yards only. Villas
and cottage umbrellas are permitted only within
courtyards. Other restrictions apply.
- Outside decorations
and ornaments are prohibited in any front yard or
attached to any living unit (owners may have seasonal
decorations for periods not to exceed 2 weeks before
and 1 week after the holiday).
- Screens and screening of every kind are limited to
the interior of living units and screened rooms.
- Use of lakes and ponds
is subject to a variety of restrictions set forth in the
- Nuisance on a
homesite includes activities which interfere with the
rights of other owners, or which deters from the
beauty or natural aesthetics of Oak Run.